This is a blog about our life. From balancing 2 jobs, 3 dogs, 2 cats a beautiful home in horse country and our eternal marriage. Join us on this fun journey. May you laugh, cry and share in our experiences.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Fun Continues

This morning about 4:30 AM Mike and I were startled awake by the sound of our 2 year old lab max throwing up his dinner. GREAT!!! See poor mike had to get up again at 6 and I can not bring my self to clean up vomit. Mike and I had a deal when we first got married that I would take care of the poop duty and he would do throw up. (I'm a very sympathetic vomiter.. even with my dogs oddly enough) So Mike had to clean it all up. The really crap part about it all is that Max continued to throw up off and on till about 8:30 am when I decided it was enough and had to take him into the vet. I had to call into work to say I was going to be late or not there at all. I was the only one to take Max in. So I sat at the vets office which seemed like forever. They had to rule out if he had eaten anything that was obstructing his intestine. All to come to the conclusion..... drum roll please!!!..... He has canine influenza! and people say that dogs are not like kids. I beg to differ.
I have since brought home the huge baby (90lbs of lean Lab to be exact) full of a subcutaneous shot of fluids for dehydration prevention and a shot for anti-nausea he is sleeping soundly. I was given instructions that for the next 24 hours he is to be monitored to make sure he drink and does not have any further problems or any un-for seen obstruction they missed.
So I sit cleaning the house and checking to make sure that Max is fine. I love the big dumb dumb and would do anything for him!
I am very grateful for my hubby who so diligently cleaned up all the vomit and still went to work for his 15 hours and for my amazing vet and boss who understand my concerns for my babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment